Florida International University’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication (SJMC) invites students, faculty and alumni to participate in the third FIU Media Arts Festival (MAF), a showcase of recent media work by FIU students, faculty, alumni and community members. This year’s theme is Fresh from Miami!
- WHEN: June 27, 2015, 5:30pm-9pm
- WHERE: LAB Miami, 400 NW 26th St, Miami, FL 33127
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 31, 2015
- WHO: Submissions are open to students, faculty and alumni of Florida International University, as well as the general public. Selected works will be screened at the Festival.
- REQUIREMENTS: Submissions must be under five minutes and illustrate the theme through digital storytelling and visual media projects. Examples of possible submissions include videos (news, viral, web-based, fictional, music, promotional), mobile applications, Web sites, multimedia news stories and animations. For general inquiries on the Festival, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out the form with your name, e-mail, URL of your work, and a brief description of your work. If you don’t have a URL, or have other questions, please contact Dr. Susan Jacobson email@example.com.
- Submissions that meet the Media Arts Festival guidelines will be accepted through May 31, 2015.
- There is a limit of 3 submissions per entrant.
- Submissions must be in final format to be considered. If applicable, arrangements may be made prior to the festival for higher quality formats for presentation purposes.
- Works in languages other than English must be subtitled in English for festival consideration.
- The MAF committee reserves the right to disqualify from consideration any work that includes false, inaccurate, fraudulent, defamatory or otherwise erroneous information.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant certifies that she/he owns the copyright to all the material contained within, or has permission from the copyright holder to submit the material. The entrant certifies that he/she is authorized to submit this work to the FIU/SJMC Media Arts Festival.
- Entrants are responsible for their own travel and expenses to the festival.
- There is no cost to submit to the FIU/SJMC Media Arts Festival.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant gives FIU permission to use the work, in whole or in part, for use including but not limited to marketing efforts.
- Questions? Contact Dr. Susan Jacobson firstname.lastname@example.org.